I’m sure you will already know about DropBox, but in case you have been
a) hiding under a rock
b) without internet access
c) a parent of very small children
or some other tragic circumstance has prevented you from discovering its brilliance, here are the details just in case:
DropBox is a wonderful service which allows you to store files in the ‘cloud’ and sync them across multiple computers and devices automatically.
Some of its free features include:
- 2GB storage
- Public, Private and Shared folders
- Restore previous versions of your files
- Download files for offline viewing
- Mobile access
- Export files to other applications
For the paid service, you get up to 100GB of storage- it’s pretty amazing really!
Some of the ways I have used DropBox include:
- Storing copies of my family’s passport details, so when trying to book flights from different computers, all the information is handy.
- Sharing photos from events & conferences.
- Working on common files for workshops.
- Safeguarding important documents I cannot afford to lose.
So if you haven’t signed up for a DropBox account, you should do so – today!